Sample Essay

The scale and type of operations for Wal-Mart make it an integral part of the local US and the global retail industry. More specifically the industry for the company is termed as the hypermarket/ supermarket industry.

“The global hypermarkets and super centres sector generated total revenues of $1.3 trillion in 2007, this representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.3% for the period spanning 2003-2007. In comparison, the European and Americas sectors grew with CAGRs of 6.9% and 9.5%, respectively, over the same period to reach respective values of $644 billion and $580.9 billion in 2007. Superstore sales proved the most lucrative for the global hypermarkets and super centres sector in 2007, generating total revenues of $739.9 billion, equivalent to 55% of the sector’s overall value. In comparison, super centre sales generated revenues of $605.4 billion in 2007, equating to the remaining 45% of the sector’s aggregate revenues.” (‘Industry Profile: Global Hypermarkets & Super Centres Industry Profile’, 2008)

 These are model essays please place an order for custom essays, research papers, term papers, thesis, dissertation, case studies and book reports.